Thursday, October 12, 2006

Haley's Words

So what are Haley's words these days? As we know "horse" was and continues to be one of her favorite words...these days "blue", "orange" and "purple" can come out...don't really know if these are tied to anything real. I think most parents love to exaggerate their children's vocabulary and what sounds like "dah" can be translated by the best meaning parent..into anything they wish. I can respect this..since I have been known to do it myself...However, I really wish to let you all know that these are really good words...understood by others...not just myself. Some others...let's say thanks to the three year olds in Haley's life "mine", and then "bubble", "poop" "more poop", "mommy", "mum", "ma", "daddy", "duck". Okay, she still prefers some of our sounds or symbols to real words...so some words are missing...though Haley and myself can communicate...."flower" is a sniffing sound, "dog" is unh unh unh...I really think this is Haley's interpretation of the sound they make....Then there are the confusing words...context is needed...box, books, rock, big rock, more rock, you can see the problem...then there is spoon, moon, ahh the list grows every day....I love this age.

No comments: