Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Life goes On

So life has mellowed. We are trying to find our groove. It took us about one week to convert to Canadian time...nobody else is wide awake from 2-4am so really we had no choice. One absolutely delightful change has been Haley's desire to sleep from about 9pm-8pm. I know that we are so lucky. Nap times are still a bit of a puzzle....sometimes she goes down and sometimes no. Partly my fault....consistency is probably key...we will get it. Her mother has to figure this out too. Meals are easy...she loves food and thus I can make too many sweet potatoes and freeze the leftovers for later. My mom and dad arrived for Christmas a few days after we got back, which was a little difficult at first, just because Haley was on a different schedule but it has been great to hand off Haley in the mornings for a bit while I get some stuff done. My lovely mother has also been cooking dinner at night. Wow this is very nice. My dad has been fixing everything in the house which has also been a huge help. As everyone who has been to our house....our screen door was never quite right. And boy oh boy do I have shelves now! This is going to change and well with all the beautiful help that everyone has been offering we will miss our grandparents dreadfully but other wonderful friends will help out. Life changes and true friends go on. Thanks everyone.

No comments: