Monday, November 28, 2005

Okay, today was the day. Again I am surprisingly calm and unworried and I was the whole time. We landed at 2:30, got to the buses, went to the hotel. Cindy ran out and bought us formula and rice cereal and ran back. At 4 pm we went on a 5 min. journey and picked up the girls. Okay. Let’s get this straight…..Andy is a bit on the flutter…Barb is calm as a cucumber and I am serious. Packed up a bag (wasn’t necessary). The center for Adopotion was a zoo. The hotel is very nice but also a zoo. There are families everywhere with little girls from many places around the globe. At the center we were ushered into a small room, complete chaos as all the families jockey for position with cameras and all. (We told Gary that a romantic movie type..Spielberg style would be nice..no George Lucas special effects would be necessary). Families are called one by one and handed a little girl. No one can hear anything there is crying and people everywhere. We are second last. The room has emptied a little and voila there she was. Not a peep came out of her. She was looking around having a good time. Put her fingers in my mouth and that was it…No crying. Not her…not me. She stood on my lap all the way back to the hotel and just wanted to see everything.

Okay there was crying….when I wanted to change her! All the other moms went back to their rooms and pulled a Shirley Temple on their kids…they are dressed to the hilt. Not Haley and I. I got a new diaper on her, put her in her sleeper and then put food down the front of both of us and we have been that way since. Food…doesn’t want a bottle, or a sippy cup. But Heinz sweet potato and vegetables, we put away ¾ of a big bottle. Loved it. Cold not hot. I am tired and Andy has put her to sleep on the bed so I think I will go for now.

No comments: